Coconut Moon Water
Bye-bye fake, chemical-filled, sugary, freaky colored summertime sports drinks and H E L L O refreshing, life giving, hydrating, superfood tonic. This moon water is perf for when your body is in need of some extra hydration during these hot summer months or if you just feel like making a fun drank that resembles something a mermaid might enjoy. Yes, I said drank and yes I think mermaids would enjoy it.
My Coconut Moon Water feature's Moodbeli Blue Green Protein. You guys, this fluffy powder is seriously a nutritional POWERHOUSE. A blend of organic spirulina, tocotrienols, and pink salt makes this stuff the perfect addition to your day while you kill it at this thing called life. Say whaaaaat? Here, allow me to explain:
· Spirulina> a fresh water blue-green algae that has been used as a potent superfood for centuries. What’s surprising about this plant is its amino acid profile making it a great protein source. It is also bursting at the seams with antioxidants, B-vitamins and iron. Plus, spirulina has anti-inflammatory properties and can help to balance blood sugar (hello hormone balance!). One of the most mind-blowing aspects about this stuff, I find, is that it can help remove heavy metals from the body. Spirulina (and all other plants) get their green pigment from a little thing called chlorophyll. When ingested, chlorophyll/spirulina binds to heavy metals that are in the body and then helps remove them making it G R E A T for detoxing.
· Tocotrienols>members of the Vitamin E family, these guys are known to be a good source of antioxidants and may help to slow the signs of aging, boost energy, and can even help remove toxins from the body.
· Pink Salt>the last piece to this life-giving trifecta, Himalayan Sea Salt is great for balancing the body’s pH and electrolytes while also providing it with essential minerals and trace elements. VERY different than table salt, Himalayan Sea Salt has nutritional value that is essential for many of the body’s functions.
Pair some Blue Green Protein with some coconut water which is high in potassium and electrolytes and you are G O L D EN my friends. Cheers!
What you need:
· 1-1 ½ cup organic, no sugar added coconut water
· 1 teaspoon Moodbeli Blue Green Protein
· Fresh squeezed lime to taste
· Few drops local honey to sweeten (can omit if you want)
How to make:
· Add all ingredients to a mason jar, seal with the lid, and shake shake shake. Toss in some ice cubes for a refreshing, detoxifying tonic that your hot summer bod will thank you for.
· No mason jar? No problem. Just add all ingredients except the ice to a glass and mix with a spoon until combined, then add ice.