Superfood Chocolate Peanut Butter Patties
Well that's a name that's sure to catch your attention! (I hope). I've been playing around with my peanut butter chocolate cup recipe and this week I decided to make things ten thousand times easier and ditch the whole "cup" part of the process. This means less work and more enjoying the chocolaty, peanut buttery match made in heaven. #winning. That is why I now call them, "Chocolate Peanut Butter Patties". You pickin’ up what I’m puttin’ down?
I’m all about treat yo’self, #nodeprivationdiet and that means that I’ve got to get creative in the kitchen if I want to enjoy me some treats, feel me? Obvi we allllll know that sugar and candy are no bueno for those of us who want to live long, healthy, happy, productive lives. But chocolate is life, so what’s a girl to do? Enter: the solution to all of your problems, my Superfood Chocolate Peanut Butter Patties. I made these beauty queens using high quality ingredients that will not send you on a blood sugar roller coaster ride that eventually leads to crashing and more cravings. Oh, that dreaded sugar addiction cycle of DEATH. No thanks! Not only are we using high quality chocolate and peanut butter (or almond butter if you want) but, we are also adding in superfoods like coconut oil, chia seeds, maca, and cacao and then topping them with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt for a dose of trace minerals. So, obviously these are a health food now. JK, JK. Ok, so let’s geek out on the ingreds and then I’ll give you the recipe. P.S. Don’t be intimidated by the recipe, it’s basically melting chocolate and rolling peanut butter into balls and then covering the balls with the chocolate and putting them in the fridge to harden but I tried to be detailed in my explanation which is why it may look involved.
You all know that I am geeking out over Moodbeli. These peanut butter patties use their Bliss Booster which has raw cacao, maca, cayenne, cinnamon and pink sea salt in it making it n energy, libido, mood booster as well as a hormone balancer.
In a nutshell:
Cacao>pronounced: KA-KOW is raw, pure chocolate in its most natural state that contains high levels of iron, magnesium, calcium and antioxidants. Since it is so dang yummy, our body gets happy while eating it and releases dopamine. Real chocolate also increases serotonin levels leading to better mood and sleep while reducing anxiety.
Maca>a root vegetable that is grown in South America that boosts energy, libido, stamina and helps to balance hormones. This adaptogen works with your endocrine system, a beautiful and perfectly designed system of glands that produce hormones and communicate to one another to regulate and maintain energy, mood, reproduction, responses to stress/the environment, and digestion as well as the ability to think clearly.
Chia seeds>not included in the Bliss Booster but added into this recipe they are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fiber make this seed super powerful for being so tiny!
See why I said these peanut butter patties are basically a health food?
Here’s what you need:
· 1 cup organic, sugar free peanut butter or almond butter
· 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips (I use Lilly’s brand)
· 1 teaspoon Moodbeli Bliss Booster
· 1 tablespoon unrefined coconut oil
· 2 tablespoons coconut flour
· 1 tablespoon chia seeds
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
· 1 pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
Here’s how to make all of your dreams come true:
· Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (you can use tin foil if you don’t have parchment paper).
· In a medium-sized bowl combine the peanut butter and the coconut flour. Then, add in the vanilla extract and maple syrup and mix until well combined.
· Use a tablespoon and scoop out the peanut butter mixture and place onto the parchment lined cookie sheet. With your hands, roll them into balls and flatten them a bit then place them in the fridge to harden.
· In a medium sauce pan add a few inches of water and turn the heat to medium/high.
· Now, in a different medium-sized bowl add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Place this bowl over the sauce pan filled with water to create a double boiler.
· The heat from the steam that’s coming from the sauce pan will start to melt the chocolate and coconut oil. Carefully, stir the chocolate and coconut oil until all of the chocolate is melted.
· Lower the heat to as low as possible and add in the Moodbeli Bliss Booster and chia seeds and carefully mix until everything is combined.
· Take the peanut butter patties out of the fridge and dunk into the melted chocolate mixture one at a time. Using a fork or spoon, cover the patty with chocolate and place back onto the cookie sheet.
· Repeat this step until all patties are covered head to toe in chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt then place back in the fridge until hard.
· Store these in the fridge in an airtight container and enjoy, my loves!
· If you have left over chocolate carefully pour it onto the parchment paper, sprinkle with sea salt and let chill/harden. Once it’s hard you have your own little superfood sea salt chocolate bark. woop woop.
If you do not have the Bliss Booster powder simply skip that step. If you want to get some and want 20% off your first order, use code "RISEANDMOON" at checkout on Moodbeli's website.