Pasta + Veggies
Here's how to do it:
· Wash and cut one head of broccoli and one zucchini into chunks.
· Follow instructions to prepare a box of Jovial brand pasta.
· While the pasta is cooking, add the broccoli florets to a large pan with a few tablespoons of water and a tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Toss the broccoli in the oil and then cover the pan so that the broccoli can steam. Make sure the pan has enough liquid in it so the broccoli does not burn.
· When the pasta is done cooking, drain and drizzle a little olive oil over it. Toss to coat, this will prevent it from sticking together.
· Once the broccoli stems can be easily pierced with a knife, add in the zucchini. Most of the water should be evaporated but there should still be enough oil so the veggies do not burn. If not, add a little more oil into the pan. If there is a bunch of water left in the pan carefully drain it and add a little olive oil.
· To the pan of veggies add 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and black pepper to your liking. Stir until the broccoli and zucchini are coated in the spices.
· Once the veggies are cooked to your liking, add the cooked pasta into the pan and toss everything until combined.
· Add ½ cup Rao’s Marinara, or any other marinara you have on hand. (Rao’s is my FAV, for sure)
· Toss everything until well combined and add more marinara if you must.
· Grate parmesan or manchego over everything and serve.
· Pat yourself on the back for making a bomb meatless meal that will nourish your body, spirit, and soul.